This tasty Vietnamese salad contains just three ingredients, which means you can throw it together in a matter of minutes. It’s an ideal post-workout snack, light meal, or appetizer. You should be able to find green papayas at most Asian markets, where you may also be able to buy Vietnamese-style jerky. If not, you can try making your own. Recipe from Hungry Huy.
- 1 green papaya (about 2 pounds, shredded)
- ⅓ pound beef jerky, cut into strips
- Thai basil, cut into strips
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Sriracha, chili paste, or sliced bird’s eye chiles to taste (optional)
Directions: To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Shred the papaya (use a mandoline slicer if you have one). Combine the shredded papaya with the basil. Top with the strips of beef jerky and the dressing, then serve.